[cl-opengl-devel] Re: Trying to do Nehe tutorials

Charlie Burrows charlie.burrows at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:03:23 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charlie Burrows <charlie.burrows at gmail.com>
Date: Sep 22, 2006 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: [cl-opengl-devel] Trying to do Nehe tutorials
To: Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com>

On 9/21/06, Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder why you ever see anything. Where are you setting the color?  I must
> be missing something since you say you see something without depth testing.
> This is nehe-2? nehe-2 sets colors:

White seems to be the default colour. From my reading of the Nehe site
nehe-1 is just a window, nehe-2 is the two white shapes and nehe-3 is
the example with the colour blended triangle and the blue square. In
any case I have also done nehe-3 (my numbering) and it suffers the
same affliction as the nehe-2.

> kt
>
> ps. I suggest you make each example standalone and not try to inherit code
> for lesson 2 from lesson 1 if this is going to be stuff in a public library.
> Of course if you just want to mix in CLOS training I understand, but it may
> compromise the value of the contrib to cl-opengl. kt

I am starting to come around to your way of thinking although it seems
like there will be a limited amount of inheritance; mostly from nehe-1
which just sets up the environment. We'll see as it develops but don't
worry there's not much chance of my going clos crazy.

Cheers,
Charlie