[cl-opengl-devel] Minor style questions

Oliver Markovic entrox at entrox.org
Mon Feb 20 20:25:27 UTC 2006

On 20.02.2006, at 23:04, Roger Sen Montero wrote:

> It's always the same trade off: try to create a closer to lisp API
> vs. not
> getting to far away from the original one so the new API is easy to
> understand.

The goal is having an OpenGL binding in Lisp, which doesn't require
people to think about C-ish things like having to pass pointers to
arrays
in order to get the current color.

> The guys at pyopengl did a mirror of OpenGL. I don't know what
> should you do in lisp-gl, but for my graphical library I decided to
> diverge from the SDL lib.

We don't really diverge and try to keep the mapping between the C
and Lisp names obvious. The macro in question is pure sugar and
doesn't have a C equivalent.

(defun draw-foo ()
   (gl:with-primitives :quads
     (gl:color 1 0 0)