[cl-objc-devel] Mac OS X 10.5 patch

Jean-Philippe Barette-LaPierre jpbarrette at gmail.com
Tue May 6 23:28:42 UTC 2008

I know that some person had troubles with Mac OS X 10.5. After some
investigations, I found the problem.
It seems that in get-class-ordered-list, which is responsible to gather all
classes, it was entering an infinite loop.
The loop was there because it was trying to load a class "Protocol", which
has "Protocol" class as Protocol.
So, loading "Protocol" class caused to load again "Protocol", which didn't
had been registered yet. I just delayed
the initialization of :protocols.

The other problem was related to coersing some pointers. However I don't
know why it was needed, and it seems
to go well without it. There's an another latent problem where I get all
those messages:

_NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x142c60 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with
no pool in place - just leaking

I'm looking into that.

BTW, I'm a newcomer to lisp so, you might want to edit the patch to make it
"cleaner"