[cl-muproc-devel] First publically available incarnation of CL-MUPROC released: cl-muproc--2006-05-14

Rudi Schlatte rudi at constantly.at
Mon May 15 10:42:56 UTC 2006

On 15. Mai 2006, at 05:53, Klaus Harbo wrote:

> Gary King wrote:
>> Hi Klaus,
>>
>> This looks great. I've not looked at the code enough to know
>> whether or not it makes sense but it may be that Dan Corkill's
>> portable threads library will make it easier to bring this to
>> other lisps. Portable-threads is on the CLiki and is ASDf-
>> Installable.
>>

> I admit I haven't heard of this library; but I will take a look at
> it.  My plan until now has been to go with acl-compat as the
> compatibility layer.

There's already muproc-compat.lisp that encapsulates all
implementation-dependent functionality; it might not be necessary to
introduce another compatibility layer.  I briefly looked at portable-
threads and it doesn't seem to have an equivalent to Lispworks'
mailbox inter-thread communication mechanism, so we will have to
implement this by hand anyway.

Cheers,

Rudi