[cl-mathstats-devel] Losing symbols on system re-load

Trudgett, David d.trudgett at aamhatch.com.au
Wed May 30 23:57:34 UTC 2007

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, I was doing some more poking around last night, and was able to fix the
problem by adding the following exports to the package.lisp file:

(:export
   #:data-length
   #:mean
   #:sum-of-squares
   #:variance
   #:standard-deviation
   #:skewness
   #:minimum
   #:maximum
   #:range
   #:quantile
   #:median
   #:trimmed-mean
   #:mode
   #:mode-for-continuous-data
   #:data-continuous-p
   #:smart-mode
   #:multiple-modes
   #:interquartile-range
   #:tukey-summary
   #:statistical-summary
   #:significance
   #:t-significance
   #:t-test-one-sample
   #:t-test
   #:d-test
   #:t-test-matched
   #:z-test-one-sample
   #:inner-product
   #:covariance
   #:confidence-interval
   #:confidence-interval-z
   #:confidence-interval-z-summaries
   #:confidence-interval-t
   #:confidence-interval-t-summaries
   #:confidence-interval-proportion
   #:scheffe-tests
   #:print-scheffe-table
   #:cross-product
   #:dot-product
   #:r-score
   #:difference-list
   #:sum-list
   #:chi-square-2x2-counts
   #:chi-square-2x2
   #:chi-square-rxc-counts
   #:make-contingency-table
   #:chi-square-rxc
   #:g-test
   #:find-critical-value)

  (:export
   #:anova-one-way-variables
   #:anova-one-way-groups
   #:print-anova-table
   #:anova-two-way-groups
   #:make-3d-table
   #:anova-two-way-variables-unequal-cell-sizes
   #:anova-two-way-variables)

  (:export
   #:scalar-matrix-multiply
   #:multiply-matrices
   #:invert-matrix
   #:matrix-norm
   #:invert-matrix-iterate
   #:transpose-matrix
   #:normalize-matrix
   #:sum-of-array-elements)

  (:export
   #:reduce-matrix)

  (:export
   #:pythag-df
   #:svbksb-df
   #:svdcmp-df
   #:svzero-df
   #:svd-inverse-slow-df
   #:svd-inverse-fast-df
   #:pythag-sf
   #:svbksb-sf
   #:svdcmp-sf
   #:svzero-sf
   #:svd-inverse-slow-sf
   #:svd-inverse-fast-sf
   #:singular-value-decomposition
   #:svd-zero
   #:svd-back-substitute
   #:svd-solve-linear-system
   #:svdvar
   #:svd-matrix-inverse)

Of course, whether all of these are supposed to be exported or not, I don't
know. I'm also not sure if I duplicated any.

> This is what we call "an odd thing".

Yes, I couldn't think of a reason for it at the time.

> So that the symbol is only exported when the file is compiled ... I
> have _no_ idea how this has ever worked. Sigh.

Almost qualifies for a bar or two of the Twilight Zone theme... :-)

Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll check back in a few days or a week for
the new source to keep my stuff in sync.

Cheers,
David