[cl-mathstats-devel] Losing symbols on system re-load

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Wed May 30 13:52:13 UTC 2007

Hi David,

> Deleting the .fas files and re-loading gets back the lost symbols.

This is what we call "an odd thing".

Looking at the list you appended and revisiting the code leads me to
suspect that the missing symbols are mostly (entirely) from the
define-statistic macro. Which, I now see, expands into

> (progn (eval-when (:compile-toplevel) (export 'mean))
>        (defclass mean (simple-statistic) nil)

So that the symbol is only exported when the file is compiled ... I
have _no_ idea how this has ever worked. Sigh.

I'll be posting an update that corrects this shortly.

(P.S., as for the values, I decided to just remove them instead of
added clisp to the list...)
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 885 9127