[cl-l10n-devel] cl-l10n changes since version 0.4

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:22:46 UTC 2011

fyi, i've pushed a patch that extends the README with bits'n'pieces of
this discussion.

> Any guess on the scale of effort to build parser-generator
> from the cldr patterns that parse strings based on the locale
> the user is from?  Would also want to generate format
> hinting out of that data.

as of parsing, this is the related part of the latest version of the cldr spec:

http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-21.html#Lenient_Parsing

i don't know how much effort it is, but generating formatters from the
format strings The Right Way is not trivial. look at the code and
you'll see all the shifting of computation between compile/runtime...

although, The Really Right Way would be to let a partial evaluator
eliminate what is possible at compile time, but let's just not go
there in the scope of this... :)

> I also would like to be able to deploy my application
> automatically on top of quicklisp without too many
> exception cases.

i understand you pain, and that's why i've mentioned that copy-pasting
the dwimish date parser code into the project is something i'd
consider as a v0.1 solution, because the effort it takes is
uncomparable to writing the parser compiler.

--
 attila

Notice the erosion of your (digital) freedom, and do something about it!

PGP: 2FA1 A9DC 9C1E BA25 A59C  963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39
OTR XMPP: 8647EEAC EA30FEEF E1B55146 573E52EE 21B1FF06