[cl-l10n-devel] cl-l10n changes since version 0.4

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 13:18:39 UTC 2011

hello Ian,

(i've CC'd the list, i hope you don't mind)

first of all, the old branch is still available if you don't want to
bother with the new things and need the old date parsing code:
http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=cl-l10n-cl-l10n.unix-locale-files;a=summary

as of the parsers: parse-number is available as a standalone system.

for timestring parsing local-time has some functions. you may also
find this useful, it's in our web-server for HTTP stuff:
http://dwim.hu/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=HEAD%20hu.dwim.web-server;a=headblob;f=/source/util/timestring-parsing.lisp

if you need the old dwim-ish timestring parsing, then i suggest to
copy-paste it into your codebase (or stick to the old l10n repo).

in the new l10n, based on http://cldr.org , timestring parsing is not
done yet. the locale description files contain patterns that can also
be used to generate/derive/command parsers, not only formatters, but
not much has been explored in that area yet.

the formatters are mostly done, but that's also not 100% complete.

> If you aren't planning support, is there some hooks/support I could build on to create a symmetric solution for parsing in cl-l10n?

as of now, there's no parsing of any sort in the head of cl-l10n, so
no API either.

let me know if you have more specific questions, or especially actual
use-cases. this is all that comes to my mind for now.

--
 attila

Notice the erosion of your (digital) freedom, and do something about it!

PGP: 2FA1 A9DC 9C1E BA25 A59C  963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39
OTR XMPP: 8647EEAC EA30FEEF E1B55146 573E52EE 21B1FF06