[cl-json-devel] Encoding DOUBLE-FLOAT

Boris Smilga boris.smilga at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:50:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> I am not a believer in leaving warnings around, because if one starts to
> leave benign ones around, one gets in the habit of ignoring them, and
> ends up missing warnings that indicate real problems....

Actually, that's what the *formal* distinction between style-warning
and other kinds of warnings is all about.  To quote the standard once
again:

  ‘In general, the question of whether code is faulty or substandard
is a subjective decision to be made by the facility processing that
code. The intent is that whenever such a facility wishes to complain
about code on such subjective grounds, it should use this condition
type so that any clients who wish to redirect or muffle superfluous
warnings can do so without risking that they will be redirecting or
muffling other, more serious warnings.’

This is probably out of scope of this mailing list, though.

Yours,
 - B. Sm.