[cl-irc-devel] cl-irc and non-threaded sbcl

Kevin Rosenberg kevin at rosenberg.net
Sat Feb 7 23:42:49 UTC 2004

Erik Enge wrote:
> It was really more of a way for me to debug when I did the initial
> development
> and should probably be turned of by default (setting client-stream,
> IIRC,  on the
> connection object to nil will do this).
>
> Brian, Kevin, what do you think?  I seem to recall that Brian wanted to
> turn it off by default
> some time ago.

I suppose the default should be off. I think it is potentially useful
to have a means of logging messages which the end-user has not hooked.

I've worked around this in irc-logger (http://cliki.net/irc-logger) by
creating and :around method on cl-irc::irc-message-event and comparing
the type of the message to a list of message types that irc-logger
handlers. If it is a message that my application doesn't log, then I
log that message to the "unknown-message" stream.

--
Kevin Rosenberg
kevin at rosenberg.net