[cl-irc-devel] Regarding the recent 'invalidate-me' commit

Erik Huelsmann e.huelsmann at gmx.net
Sun Aug 29 20:42:15 UTC 2004

Brian,

I have 2 things I want to ask you about the 'invalidate-me' condition:

- Did you consider closing the stream which has to be invalidated next to
invalidating the handle? That way callers will know the input-reading
subsystem gave up on that stream.

- The invalidate-me condition can leak from the package, because in any of
the cases not addressed by #+(and sbcl (not sb-thread)) the condition will
not be cought within the package. Yet the symbol has not been exported. Did
you plan to keep the condition within the package?

bye,

Erik.

--
Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl