[cl-graph-devel] copying a graph

Alexis Gallagher public at alexisgallagher.com
Tue Mar 21 17:57:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

Is there a way to make a (deep) copy of a graph? I've looked in the
library and I can't find anything like copy-graph, copy-edge, or
copy-vertex.

I'm wondering about this, because I discovered I couldn't build a
transformed version of a graph just by creating a new graph object and
then adding edges from the old one. But if I can't do that, then what is
the best way to write functions that transform a graph nondestructively?

If I wanted to write such a function, is there anything I should know
about which information needs to be preserved so that the duplicate
object functions correctly with the other tools in the system?

Cheers,
alexis

p.s. FYI, cl-graph adsf-installs fine on SBCL 0.9.7 on OS X. But I still
haven't got it working on CMUCL 19a / Debian stable. Has anyone else?