[cl-gd-devel] cl-gd does not find cl-gd-glue.so

Andreas Kaempf andreas.kaempf at soundience.com
Mon Apr 11 19:48:07 UTC 2005

I have been trying to get cl-gd working under sbcl on Gentoo Linux
running on a dual Opteron system. When I try to compile or require cl-
gd within sbcl, I keep getting this message:

Could not open shared object #S(SB-ALIEN::SHARED-OBJECT
                                  :FILE "/usr/lib/cl-gd-glue.so"
                                  :SAP NIL): /usr/lib/cl-gd-glue.so:

The file /usr/lib/cl-gd-glue.so does indeed exist, and permissions are
not the problem, since this happens as root.

I have tried rebuilding several times. It works fine on my AMD XP
laptop, so perhaps it's a problem with uffi or cl-gd on AMD64 systems?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Andreas Kaempf
London