[cl-dwim-devel] save-fp-and-pc-around-alien-call

Francisco Vides Fernández fvides at dedaloingenieros.com
Thu Mar 4 20:12:37 UTC 2010

En Jueves, 4 de Marzo de 2010 14:52:08 Attila Lendvai escribió:
> hi!
>
> the easiest way to resolve such headaches is to darcs unpull the
> offending patch.
Ouch. Thats a good one. Now I feel a bit silly. Solved.

> unfortunately there's a bug currently in sbcl that
> makes hangs the whole VM if there's a package lock violation, which
> makes it hard to debug... :/
Good luck with that.

> i have added a smarter read-time guard against it, but
> sb-ext:typexpand in hu.dwim.util is going to be the next one, etc...
> maybe i'll just look into fixing sbcl and then with the useful error
> message it's easy to unpull the patch or just compile an sbcl head.
Ok, i'll keep looking to it. I'm packaging an sbcl 1.0.36 anyway because there
are others features needed.

> >        Thanks for such a great project, by the way!
>
> you are welcome!

> what are your plans with the hu.dwim.* stuff? i hope you know about
> the install guide available at http://dwim.hu (documentation menu)
We are starting to use it (one piece each time) for internal development.
Moreover I plan to develop a content management system over it. I think this
could be an interesting project, this kind of systems are popular. Recently
I've studied some others and now I'm trying to figure how could I implement one
with DWIM, while I learn it.

Hope I'll reach the point where I can do some contribution.

Thanks again!

+------