[cl-dwim-devel] save-fp-and-pc-around-alien-call

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 13:52:08 UTC 2010

hi!

>        Today I've updated the sources for hu.dwim.*, and now (require :hu.dwim.asdf)
> fails in my version sbcl (debian/ubuntu 1.0.31). I've traced the problem to
> 'save-fp-and-pc-around-alien-call, which lives only in your branch of sbcl. I
> can by now patch this file by hand, so my problem is solved.

the easiest way to resolve such headaches is to darcs unpull the
offending patch. unfortunately there's a bug currently in sbcl that
makes hangs the whole VM if there's a package lock violation, which
makes it hard to debug... :/

>        Will this new feature eventually be part of sbcl? May I suggest that you
> could add something like :hu.dwim.sbcl in *features* so you can conditionally
> read it, (and also make my life easier)?

i have added a smarter read-time guard against it, but
sb-ext:typexpand in hu.dwim.util is going to be the next one, etc...
maybe i'll just look into fixing sbcl and then with the useful error
message it's easy to unpull the patch or just compile an sbcl head.

>        Thanks for such a great project, by the way!

you are welcome!

what are your plans with the hu.dwim.* stuff? i hope you know about
the install guide available at http://dwim.hu (documentation menu)

--
 attila