[cl-dwim-devel] trouble with darcs repos

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 19:06:04 UTC 2010

> Ok.  It used to work.  Could you update the website, or should I ask the
> cl.net admins to make both work again?
> http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-l10n/

ah, that's why! i've updated the cl-l10n page...

> Ouch!  This is a major breaking change for users of stefil.  The .asd
> files and package names changed, hu.dwim.asdf doesn't appear to be

sorry for turning a bit philosophical here, but what is a "breaking
change"? if this qualifies as one, then the creation itself of stefil
was also a breaking change... and as "breaking change" sounds
something bad, it shouldn't have been done at all...

anyways, people are free to use the old version of stefil. from a
certain perspective we have created something "new" that we think is
better and we are sharing it with the world (as public domain/bsd).

in the light of the dwim.hu refactoring that we have done
(http://dwim.hu/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi for a list of projects), a
regexp replace of a package name and editing a few .asd files is quite
minor... we do much bigger scale changes on a daily basis.

> tracking recent changes in upstream asdf, ...  Is the new version
> fundamentally incompatible with the old?  Would it be possible to add a

heh, i told Levy that hu.dwim.asdf is a very confusing name... :)

i'll suggest to merge the functionality found in hu.dwim.asdf mostly
into hu.dwim.environment, but that's a different story... for now it
should be enough that hu.dwim.asdf is just a bit or infrastructure
over asdf to handle all our projects uniformly.

> :stefil nickname to the :hu.dwim.stefil package and provide a stefil.asd
> that uses the normal ASDF?

i think with the clarifications about hu.dwim.asdf you don't want this
anymore, do you?

> P.S. The main dwim.hu website is completely broken without cookies, and it
> looked funny on my firefox 3.6 browser at home.

i know. i'm not very happy with the content of dwim.hu nor how it is
organized, but that project doesn't pay and we don't have much
reserves, so it's a bit back on our TODO list...

are you evaluating cl-l10n? what are you planning to use it for?

--
 attila