[cl-debian] Re: stumpwm: Clarify README.Debian - can't understand a thing how to start this wm

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu May 25 17:14:03 UTC 2006

On 25/05/06, Luca Capello <luca at pca.it> wrote:
> > This is too technical. What is "boot up lisp"? How it's being done?
> > What command to run, packages to install. Etc.
>
> I would say that it's not too technical at all.  If you know what
> Common Lisp is, you should be able to understand the upstream README.
> Moreover, this package is not intended for common end-user, but for
> users that have a specific background.

I run stumpwm using cl-launch, and there's no problem with that. You
might also want to use detachtty -- or then again you might prefer to
make it non-interactive. Or offer the alternative.

Note: I packaged cl-launch, but it's not yet included. Is lack of
signature on the latest package the issue?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad
in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.
        -- Charles Mackay