[cl-debian] UCW status, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:21:56 UTC 2006

Dear Luca, dear all,

On 28/03/06, Luca Capello <luca at pca.it> wrote:
>> Moreover, I just finished to test a series of patches that render
>> UCW highly configurable without touching the source code, starting
>> the UCW server throught the cl-launch script [10], which is already
>> packaged by its upstream author, but not present in Debian.
>
> I'm cc:ing this mail to the upstream author (just to be sure he's
> aware, even if IIRC he's subscribed).

I've just updated my cl-launch deb to 1.72-1, including slight
modifications to play well with the newest kind of saved sbcl
executables.

Still lacking is support for saving images. I guess that would make
for cl-launch 2.0.

I don't know at this point what is needed for cl-launch to be accepted
as an official debian package. I guess the main thing lacking is an
official debian package maintainer.

Toleration is not about believing that stupid people are intelligent,
it's about letting stupid people be victims of their own stupidity
rather than being victims of yours.