[cl-debian] UCW status, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Tue Mar 28 10:48:37 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:31:59 +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
>   - SLIME swank, which thank to Peter doesn't depends on the Emacs
>     code, but I'm suffering of a strange bug [3] on systems without
>     the common-lisp-controller.

I found a possible solution reported at [1] and I'm waiting for
comments.

>   - rfc2109 [8], I already started the packaging and I'm waiting an
>     answer from the author for a small license clarification.

ITP #359348 [2].

>   - trivial-sockets [9], I'm waiting an answer from the upstream
>     author, who turns out to be the same as detachtty and also a
>     Debian maintainer.

ITP #359339 [3].

> Moreover, I just finished to test a series of patches that render
> UCW highly configurable without touching the source code, starting
> the UCW server throught the cl-launch script [10], which is already
> packaged by its upstream author, but not present in Debian.

I'm cc:ing this mail to the upstream author (just to be sure he's
aware, even if IIRC he's subscribed).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2006-March/004698.html