[cl-debian] [ann] [cl-who-announce] New release 0.6.1 (Was: CL-WHO:STR behavior and package nicknames.)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Jul 27 21:51:41 UTC 2006

Hi Erik!

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:37:02 -0400, "Erik Enge" <erik.enge at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the documentation I find the following example:
>
> (:table :border (+ 1 2)) => (write-string "<table border='" s)
>                                              (princ (+ 1 2) s)
>                                                (write-string "' />" s)
>
> However, in my implementation I see the following:
>
> CL-USER> (cl-who:with-html-output-to-string (*standard-output*)
>                     (:table :border (+ 1 2)))
> "<table border='(+ 1 2)' />"
>
> This makes sense because CONSTANTP returns T for that form in SBCL
> and NIL in CMUCL.

Right, I didn't think of that.  What I actually /meant/ in this case
was that this form should be evaluated and I think because it is
CONSTANTP this is one of the few occasions where usage of EVAL is OK.
Anyway, I've uploaded a new version which does exactly that.

> In which case I think I'm supposed to use the STR operator:

No, STR, ESC, and FMT aren't really meaningful in attribute positions.
They are supposed to occur in the body of a tag.

> Separately, would you consider adding the nickname "who" (or
> whatever you like, just shorter than "cl-who") to the package?

Done in 0.6.1.

Thanks for the report,
Edi.
cl-who-announce site list