[cl-debian] cl-ucw ?

Erick Ivaan Lopez Carreon erick at fsl.org.mx
Tue Jul 18 23:44:12 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 23:43 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hello!

Hello!

> The question was already asked different times, or, better, I wrote
> sporadic updates about it, the last one in this thread [1].

I am updating my Debian (.deb) based installation of UCW, and the list
of dependencies you mention on [1] has been increased, however seems
almost all the dependencies already exists as .deb packages, except
cl-l10n.

I have some doubts about the following packages:

-- arnesi|cl-arnesi |1:20060513-1| this is really arnesi_dev of bese,
right Luca?

-- parenscript| cl-parenscript |1:20060513-1| Is this the parenscript
ucw version?? (i think yes but pls confirm)

rfc2388|cl-rfc2388|1.1-3| Is this the rfc2388 ucw version?? (i think yes
but pls confirm)

detachtty | detachtty|9|Is this the detachtty ucw version??

If, some pacakges on the Debian archive are not the right ones to get
UCW working, which ones i need to install instead from where? (I suspect
from bese/ucw repository mainly right?)

> I was a bit busy with other Debian stuff, so my efforts on UCW weren't
> enough.

stumpwm?? I plan to give it a try as soon as posible

> The major problem is still rfc2388: the best thing will be to merge
> the two versions ("original" and UCW one), because AFAIR the other
> things are only a question of dependencies (but I need to check it
> again with the latest UCW changes).

What about two packages until the merge happens?
cl-rfc2388
cl-rfc2388-ucw

> I'd say that we're now on late for UCW inclusion in etch (expected for
> the end of this year), but it'll be for sure in the next release :-D

:D

Today i was unable to get UCW working using .deb packages and asdf
instalation for cl-l10n :(

I got it work using
http://common-lisp.net/project/ucw/ucw-boxset.tar.gz ;)

Do you think the .deb are a bit old to work with current ucw_dev from
darcs repo?

I plan to make more proves, but any advice is appreciated.

> [1] http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/cl-debian/2006-March/001113.html

Thks!

Erick Ivaan Lopez Carreon -- erick at fsl.org.mx
PGP Key 1024D/9741C03A 2004-11-19
Key fingerprint = 1764 3C6F B433 B2DD 9029  98B1 8E6B 58D3 9741 C03A