[cl-debian] cl-ucw ?

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Tue Jul 18 21:43:43 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:19:03 +0200, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> I am pretty new on this mailing list and did not take time to browse
> archives yet so pardon my question if possible :)

Pas de problème :-D

The question was already asked different times, or, better, I wrote
sporadic updates about it, the last one in this thread [1].

> Are there plans to include UCW into Debian or not at all. If so,
> what is the current status of the package, is there something we can
> test ?

I was a bit busy with other Debian stuff, so my efforts on UCW weren't
enough.

The major problem is still rfc2388: the best thing will be to merge
the two versions ("original" and UCW one), because AFAIR the other
things are only a question of dependencies (but I need to check it
again with the latest UCW changes).

I'd say that we're now on late for UCW inclusion in etch (expected for
the end of this year), but it'll be for sure in the next release :-D

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/cl-debian/2006-March/001113.html