[cl-debian] UCW status?

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sun Jan 22 14:31:52 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:37:15 +0100, Peter Van Eynde wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 January 2006 18:39, Luca Capello wrote:
>> Basically, university/lab work are preventing me to finish the UCW
>> debianization, and with that I mean also all the needed
>> dependencies.
>
> If you make the work done already available we'll try to find some
> time to finish it for you.

I found some time to continue... ;-)

BTW, all of my work is usually available on the CL-Debian repository:

    http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/repository/lcapello/

Now, the situation is the following.  I compiled each package via ASDF
with CMUCL, SBCL and CLisp (sid versions).

- arnesi, ITP #337646 [1], updated as of today darcs

- fiveam, ITP #337657 [2], updated as of today darcs, but it doesn't
  compile because of [3]

- qbook, ITP #337666 [4], updated as of today darcs and modified the
  debian/control file to explain why tetex-bin is suggested

- yaclml, ITP #337662 [5], updated as of today darcs

- parenscript is quite ready, I need to figure out the best way to
  install the documents, so probably I'll file an upstream patch [6].

- UCW is on the way :-D

Peter, could you check if arnesi, qbook and yaclml are ready for
inclusion in Debian, please?

>> Moreover, I'd like to have a test-script to be sure that a fresh
>> install of UCW (something like `apt-get install ucw-test`, with
>> ucw-test depending on ucw) brings up a basic working system.  This
>> test-script could be then used by others on different archs, as ATM I
>> own only an i386 :-(
>
> I agree. Does someone with UCW experience have any ideas?

FYI, some software developed by Marco has an ASDF system defined as
"test", so this is a starting point.

What I was referring to as "a basic working system" is an HTTP working
system ;-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[3] http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/bese-devel/2006-January/001475.html