[cl-debian] Re: darcs patch: document customizable images (and 6 more)

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at debian.org
Mon Jan 9 17:30:51 UTC 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 18:26, you wrote:
> > The current system is like it is to support sites with a large number of
> > users. Think /home/p/pv/pv/pvaneynd. You system could pose problems at such
> > sites.
>
> Sorry, I don't see the specific problem. :-/ User IDs are unique,

Think 10000 users.
Think of the size of the /home directory.
Remember that the size of a directory does not decrease in unix.
Remember that the default directory format is still a plain list.
:-(

> > BTW did you see my preparations for clc v5? For ecl (and I support
> > gcl) I had to split up init-common-lisp-controller-v4 into
> > compile-common-lisp-controller-v5 to compile the files. This returns
> > the fasls you need to load up, and init-common-lisp-controller-v5
> > that actually configures clc.
>
> Yes, I have seen this and am working on load-user-image-components to
> return a list of compiled files using asdf::traverse, so that
> customized images also work with ECL.

Great! I love it when people read my mind.

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pvaneynd/