[cl-debian] Re: darcs patch: document customizable images (and 6 more)

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at debian.org
Mon Jan 9 11:02:34 UTC 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 08:54, you wrote:
> Sun Jan  8 23:09:17 CET 2006  René van Bevern <rvb at cadr.progn.org>
>   * document customizable images

All cool stuff.

>   * Do not use home directory for spooldirs but user IDs

This is a rather big change.

The current system is like it is to support sites with a large number of
users. Think /home/p/pv/pv/pvaneynd. You system could pose problems at such
sites.

I would like to have a 'poll of users' for this, but I when I asked questions
like this in the past on the blog or on the cl-debian ML the silence was
deafening ;-(.

I'll think about this a little, ok? BTW did you see my preparations for clc
v5? For ecl (and I support gcl) I had to split up
init-common-lisp-controller-v4 into compile-common-lisp-controller-v5 to
compile the files. This returns the fasls you need to load up, and
init-common-lisp-controller-v5 that actually configures clc.

This is because ecl and friends create a new image with the 'load these files
and dump' method instead of 'dump current running image'. Much like ACL can
also do.

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org