[cl-debian] darcs patch: document customizable images (and 6 more)

René van Bevern rvb at cadr.progn.org
Mon Jan 9 07:44:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

got here some patches for common-lisp-controller. One is a bugfix in
that CLC does not work if multiple users have the same home directory
or that it does not work correctly in a sudo environemnt (because in
that case the user becomes "root" but the home-directory usually stays
the same). This situation makes two users end up with the same FASL
cache, which is not allowed by the CLC security checks.

The other patches add a feature, more to read in the changelog and
README.Debian. They should be mostly independent from each other, so
you can apply as you like. :-)

	René

Sun Jan  8 23:09:17 CET 2006  René van Bevern <rvb at cadr.progn.org>
  * document customizable images

Sun Jan  8 23:47:48 CET 2006  René van Bevern <rvb at cadr.progn.org>
  * update implementation images on (un)registration of lisp source

Mon Jan  9 00:57:08 CET 2006  René van Bevern <rvb at cadr.progn.org>
  * Load some user-wished systems into the default generated system

Mon Jan  9 01:24:40 CET 2006  René van Bevern <rvb at cadr.progn.org>
  * Do not use home directory for spooldirs but user IDs

  Because there is a big problem with the current thing: multiple users
  may have the same home directory and so multiple users may get the
  same fasl root. That is a bad thing[tm] especially because this case
  won't let act multiple users on that FASL root.

  This breaks usage of clisp in sudo, because in sudo, my UID will be 0
  but my home direcotry is still /home/rvb and I will get the fasl cache
  of rvb as root. Bad bad bad ... This situation always arises when one
  does "sudo aptitude install clisp" and causes trouble for a very cool
  patch that I am about to send you as soon as this one is applied. ;-)

  User IDs are unique, while directory names are not. I highly recommend
  applying this patch. :-> Of course the current practise is more
  portable, but not practicable. :-/

Mon Jan  9 02:06:54 CET 2006  René van Bevern <rvb at cadr.progn.org>
  * update changelog for customized default-images

Mon Jan  9 02:07:25 CET 2006  René van Bevern <rvb at cadr.progn.org>
  * Split functions more up, making more code-reuse

  check-spooldir-security is no longer present twice and get-uid is
  split out of get-uid-mode-and-my-uid, because it is useful (see next
  patch).

  Tested patch with several unsecure and secure spooldirs using sbcl and
  clisp (no cmucl available on my arch).

Mon Jan  9 09:40:18 CET 2006  René van Bevern <rvb at cadr.progn.org>
  * add a "portable and sucking" get-uid