[cl-debian] StumpWM: how to convert it to darcs-buildpackage

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Tue Feb 28 19:25:23 UTC 2006

Hello!

Finally, some good news...

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:42:30 +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> As I'd like to package a new CVS checkout, I'll proceed in the same
> way, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I found something really interesting: if you initialiaze a CVS source
and then `darcs add *`, the CVS folder is considered as boring, so not
added.  In this way, I could proceed as the following:

1) initialiazed a new darcs repository with the original stumpwm
   sources present in unstable (stumpwm-upstream)
2) imported the debian version present in unstable (stumpwm)
3) as in the stumpwm-upstream repo the CVS folder is still present
   (but not recognized by darcs), I made a CVS checkout, followed by a
   `darcs add` for the new file and a `darcs record`
4) imported the new upstream into the stumpwm repo
5) worked on the stumpwm repo

So, now StumpWM is present in the CL-Debian repository [1].

Peter, can you check if all is ok and upload the package?  TIA.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=stumpwm;a=summary