[cl-debian] debian/control: Architecture field

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Tue Sep 20 12:35:04 UTC 2005

Hello all!

I finally have some time to continue my work in debianizing CL
packages and I'm finishing rfc2388 (bug #310665 [1]). But I have a
little question to be completely sure of what I've understood.

>From the Policy Manual:
=====
5.6.8 Architecture

Depending on context and the control file used, the Architecture
field can include the following sets of values:

    * A unique single word identifying a Debian machine
      architecture, see Architecture specification strings,
      Section 11.1.

    * all, which indicates an architecture-independent package.

    * any, which indicates a package available for building on any
      architecture.

    * source, which indicates a source package.

In the main debian/control file in the source package, or in the
source package control file .dsc, one may specify a list of
architectures separated by spaces, or the special values any or
all.

Specifying any indicates that the source package isn't dependent
on any particular architecture and should compile fine on any
one. The produced binary package(s) will be specific to whatever
the current build architecture is.
======

Now, rfc2388 doesn't produce any binary file, so am I correct if I
assume that the Architecture: field is "all"?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/310665