[cl-debian] ironclad, tbnl, url-rewrite: updates and questions

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sat Oct 29 17:13:43 UTC 2005

Hello!

On Sat 29 Oct 2005 18:02 +0200, Alceste Scalas wrote:
> My darcs repositories (managed with darcs-buildpackage) are
> available at the usual location:
>
>     http://debian.muvara.org/darcs/debs      (.deb sources)
>     http://debian.muvara.org/darcs/upstream/ (upstream repos)
>
> And now, a few questions...
>
>     1. I've noticed that bug reports and ftp-master responses
>        for other cl-debian packages are being sent to this mailing
>        list, too.  Is there a way to automate the process for my
>        packages?

IIRC you should subscribe the CL-Debian mailing-list to
source-package at packages.qa.debian.org, but I never tried. Go to
http://packages.qa.debian.org/source-package for more info.

>     2. How should I notify when my repositories have got
>        interesting updates?  Is email pestering (like this one) ok?

Sure!

>     3. Have you got a procedure for signing the patches being
>        recorded on darcs?  (I've used one for Mercurial[1], that
>        *should* be adaptable to darcs);

Well, if you use `darcs send`, there's a --sign option (`darcs send
--help` or the manual at [1]).

AFAIK there's no way to sign with `darcs record` and anyway even when
a signed patch is integrated, there's no record of the PGP key in
package/_darcs/patches/patch.gz :-(

>     4. Should a copy of my repositories go under
>        http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/ ?  If yes, is there
>        anything I should do?

IMHO yes, for sure. Get an account on http://alioth.debian.org and
then Peter should add you to the group.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] file:///usr/share/doc/darcs/manual/index.html#x1-440003.5.5