[cl-debian] cl-swank deb + A solution for Slime licensing issues?

Peter Van Eynde cl-debian at pvaneynd.mailworks.org
Mon Oct 17 05:39:41 UTC 2005

On Saturday 15 October 2005 20:31, Alceste Scalas wrote:
> While making swank more common-lisp-controller-friendly, I've noticed
> that xref.lisp (the file that makes Slime non-free) is actually needed
> only when using GNU CLisp.
>
> I've tested Slime with cmucl and sbcl, and it seems to work fine even
> without that file.

Now that is _very_ interesting.  A kind of poetic justice that the _GNU_ lisp
is affected :-).

The other problem files:
        swank-ecl.lisp
Could be removed too.

The remainder is fluff, but the slime people should get their act together and
put it under some license.
        ChangeLog (as this is a generated file it can be considered
                   derivative of the others I assume)
        doc/Makefile
        HACKING
        NEWS
        PROBLEMS
        README

So until they act for at least some of these files  removing xref.lisp has
little sense.

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org