[cl-debian] clisp is up for adoption -- moving

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at debian.org
Fri Oct 14 22:05:51 UTC 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 14:21, René van Bevern wrote:
> On 13.10.05, Peter Van Eynde wrote:
> > But it is a little of a large package to have under complete darcs
> > control...
>
> Hm, how is that different from the sbcl and cmucl repositories? They
> are also large but I found it feasible to work with them.

Upstream is not maintained in darcs and the new upstream is not pulled in via
darcs. In both cases the 'debian' version uses darcs for the debian changes,
but if a new upstream version comes out I use CVS to update the upstream and
the debian trees to the newest version.

Trying to update the upstream tree with something, registering with darcs and
pulling that into the debian tree simply does not work with the current darcs
implementation. I left the merge running for _days_ :-(

Still the advantages of darcs outweigh that little problem.

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pvaneynd/