[cl-debian] Re: sbcl-0.9.5 FTBFS

R. Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Thu Oct 6 15:43:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 07:13 +0200, Peter Van Eynde wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 October 2005 10:21, R. Mattes wrote:
> > Hello Peter,
> >
> > i just gave the newest sbcl source package a try - here's the outcome
> > (stderror):
> > ;   caught 3 STYLE-WARNING conditions
> > fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 24834:
> > GC invariant lost, file "gc-common.c", line 190
>
> Hey. I've been seeing this too, but as it was only on 'frost' I assumed it was
> flaky memory. I just retried it and it worked. Maybe 0.9.5.9 has some kind of
> problem?

No idea. I don't think my box has memory problems - i often stress it to
it's limits :-/

> > Hmm, as you can see i'm using pdebuild so there shouldn't be any
> > problems with the build environment. I _did_ make two changes to
> > the source: i added an 'exit(0)' to the file
> > 'tools-for-build/where-is-mcontext.c' (as was suggested on the
> > mailing list) and a modified the 'find' pattern in clean.sh to
> > avoid the problem with stage1 being deleted during the build
> > (which still happens with the original build ... btw).
>
> This should not happen anymore as the rules makefile saves the stage1 files in
> a tar file, which the find ignores, and then un-tars it again. How does it
> fail?

To be fair, i never checked it with the latest build -- building takes
such a long time and hogs resources i'm too frustrated by yet another
deleted stage1. That's why i protect it in the clean.sh script. The only
bug i'm concerned about is the memory problem.

 Cheers RalfD