[cl-debian] Re: sbcl-0.9.5 FTBFS

Peter Van Eynde cl-debian at pvaneynd.mailworks.org
Thu Oct 6 05:13:38 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 10:21, R. Mattes wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> i just gave the newest sbcl source package a try - here's the outcome
> (stderror):
> ;   caught 3 STYLE-WARNING conditions
> fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 24834:
> GC invariant lost, file "gc-common.c", line 190

Hey. I've been seeing this too, but as it was only on 'frost' I assumed it was
flaky memory. I just retried it and it worked. Maybe 0.9.5.9 has some kind of
problem?

> Hmm, as you can see i'm using pdebuild so there shouldn't be any
> problems with the build environment. I _did_ make two changes to
> the source: i added an 'exit(0)' to the file
> 'tools-for-build/where-is-mcontext.c' (as was suggested on the
> mailing list) and a modified the 'find' pattern in clean.sh to
> avoid the problem with stage1 being deleted during the build
> (which still happens with the original build ... btw).

This should not happen anymore as the rules makefile saves the stage1 files in
a tar file, which the find ignores, and then un-tars it again. How does it
fail?

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org