[cl-debian] ubuntu contacts?

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 22 22:23:18 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,

On Di, 2005-11-22 at 21:11 +0100, Peter Van Eynde wrote:
> - Exactly  how are debian updates propagated?:

In times before Upstream Version Freeze (UVF) [1], source packages are
automatically imported from Debian, if no Ubuntu changes exist, in every
other case, they have to be merged manually.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperReleaseSchedule

>    - I see that while clc is pretty current on dapper, clisp or sbcl aren't
> so current, sbcl is still at some ancient level (1:0.9.2.0-3). How can we fix
> this?

[2] describes the current workflow of the MOTU team on merges, but some
investigation shows, that sbcl for example repeatedly FTBFS [3]. Build
Logs are linked from [4].

[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUToMerge
[3] http://people.ubuntu.com/~lamont/buildLogs/s/sbcl/
[4] http://packages.ubuntu.com

ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com is certainly suitable for these things.

> - Where do ubuntu bugs go?

Soon we will do the full transition to [5], but at the moment 'main'
packages are still reported in [6].

[5] http://launchpad.net/malone
[6] http://bugzilla.ubuntu.com

> I've searched the wiki and other resources, but failed to answer these
> questions.

I hope, I could bring some light into this.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel