[cl-debian] ubuntu contacts?

Peter Van Eynde cl-debian at pvaneynd.mailworks.org
Tue Nov 22 20:11:50 UTC 2005

Hello,

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 18:49, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> > > MOTU w.r.t.  the CL debian packages, but the ubuntu IRC culture
> > > seems not to go well with me. Is there someone who knows ubuntu
> > > enough to be 'official liaison officer'?
>
> What are the problems, you are referring to?

Well they are mostly a problem of communication and lack of understanding of
ubuntu procedures:

- Exactly  how are debian updates propagated?:
   - I see that while clc is pretty current on dapper, clisp or sbcl aren't
so current, sbcl is still at some ancient level (1:0.9.2.0-3). How can we fix
this? In general, how can we advise what version we think is suitable for a
release, esp. with the long live of dapper this seems an important question.
  -  hoary is still at clc 4.12 and is vulnerable to the security problem. How
do we fix this?
- Where do ubuntu bugs go?

I've searched the wiki and other resources, but failed to answer these
questions.

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org