[cl-debian] cl packages repository

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at mailworks.org
Sat May 7 20:21:04 UTC 2005

rm at fabula.de wrote:
>  - First of all, good idea to dissable running the tests during
>    Hmm, in my local setup i wasn't so radical as to disable the
>    tests, i just prepended the invocation of run-tests.sh with
>    a '-' in the rules file (so a failing test wouldn't stop the
>    build).

A failing test would not alone stop the build but prevent the subsystem
from getting installed. This was the sb-bsd-socket problem: there was no
/dev/log on the amd64 buildd, so the test failed, so the subsystem did not
get installed.

At least this is my understanding.

>  - there's another bug lurking in the build: your rukes-file invokes
>    sbcl using the -noprogrammer switch. According to the NEWS file:

Fixed.

>  - As for the unicode/Locale issue: your rule-file silently assumes
>    that en_US.UTF-8 is available on the build host (which _might_ be
>    true for the official build daemons but not for private setups that
>    use apt-build). I've gone the long way of following the suggestions
>    in the Debian package maintainer manual. I'll prepare a patch against
>    your new sources if you want me to.

You mean 6.7.6? I will implement it asap.

>  and thanks for all that work!

Thanks for finding and correcting all my numerous mistakes :-)

Groetjes, Peter