[cl-debian] Welcome to cl-debian

Peter Van Eynde cl-debian at pvaneynd.mailworks.org
Fri Mar 4 16:15:28 UTC 2005

Hello subscribers of cl-debian and friends,

Let me start by saying that I never expected to have so many people on
this list. This is a pleasant surprise.

I'm willing to sponsor anybody wrt. uploads and to help in packaging and
general maintainer stuff.

So what needs to be done for Common Lisp on Debian?

First of all some packages from Kevin are still open (see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
bin/pkgreport.cgi?submitter=kmr%40debian.org):

1 #284376: O: ilisp -- Emacs interface to LISP implementations
-> Some emacs experience is needed. This is more or less a morbid
package.
2 #297344: O: acl- installer -- Installer for Franz' Allegro 6.2 Lisp
Trial Edition
-> interest in ACL is needed, should not be to difficult
3 #297346: O: albert 4 #297426: O: langband - The langband Common lisp
game
5 #297427: O: langband-data -- The Langband sound/image/etc files for
langband
   engine
-> both should be simple CL packages
6 #297429: O: lw-per-installer -- Installer for Lispworks ANSI Common
Lisp System,
   Personal Edition
7 #297431: O: lw-pro-installer - Installer for Xanalys' Lispworks ANSI
Common
   Lisp System
8 #297432: O: lw-pro-installer-43 -- Installer for Xanalys Lispworks
Common
   Lisp System, version 4.3
-> a LWL licence or at least interest in LWL is required for this.
9  #297473: O: openmcl - Native code ANSI Common Lisp compiler and
   runtime environment
10 #297475: O: openmcl-build-tools - OpenMCL Common Lisp tools for
building
   system
-> you better have a Mac to adopt these

I still need to close:
#297382: O: cl-postoffice - SMTP, POP, & IMAP interface library for
Common Lisp Programs
#297395: O: cl-rsm-memo -- McIntire's Common Lisp Memoization Library
#297398: O: cl-rsm-mpoly -- McIntire's Common Lisp Multivariate
Polynomial Library
#297436: O: onlisp - book on Common Lisp programming techniques

I'm also working on splitting sbcl into a indep and a arch part, but
this is rather complex and will require a bit more time to get it to
work. I also closed a cl-postoffice bug and I need to fix the hyperspec
package (bug #298026).

Looking at my bug page (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=maint&data=pvaneynd at debian.org&archive=no) the
situation is rather good, most bugs are upstream or features ;-). There
is one mystery bug #297801 that I cannot reproduce, has anyone an idea
to fix this?

Following my blogentry many people showed interest in the following
new packages:

- cl-s-xml (Luca was working on this): packaged but should become a
  'native' package
- slime: a long time coming but no progress?
- elephant: an object database for Common Lisp
- CL-PREVALENCE is an implementation of Object Prevalence for
  Common Lisp
- UnCommon Web is a Common Lisp web application development framework.
- cl-snmp: A System Management Substrate for Common Lisp
- Common Lisp GNU Scientific Library: we could already start in
  packaging it knowing it is not ready for primetime yet
- AspectL is a library that provides aspect-oriented extensions for
  Common Lisp / CLOS

Any other ideas?

Normal asdf based libraries should be _very_ simple to package up. The
main work in checking the copyright; seeing if we can have a native
package; if the version number should reflect a 'released' package (aka
2.1) or a cvs-date (cvs-20050304) package; and general integration with
     the rest of debian.

For a simple example see the cl-cil package.

Groetjes, Peter
--
  Peter Van Eynde
  Peter.Van.Eynde at web.de