[cl-debian] Re: [Sbcl-devel] sbcl with sb-threads not compatible with 2.4 kernel

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at debian.org
Wed Aug 10 16:21:32 UTC 2005

Gábor Melis wrote:
>>So: is 2.4 support dead or is this a bug?
>

> Tell us how to reproduce it and what is the observed behaviour.

The easiest way to reproduce is running the official 0.9.3 binaries
(extracted from the rpm) on a debian kernel-image-2.4.27-2-686 kernel.
You get:

pvaneynd at sharrow:~/downloads/sbcl-test :) $ ./sbcl --core ./sbcl.core
--userinit  /dev/null  --sysinit /dev/null
Linux with NPTL support (e.g. kernel 2.6 or newer) required for
thread-enabled SBCL.  Disabling thread support.

This is SBCL 0.9.3, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
internal error #31
     SC: 14, Offset: 0   lispobj 0x500000b
     SC: 14, Offset: 2   lispobj 0x50679af
fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 7714(tid 0):
internal error too early in init, can't recover
The system is too badly corrupted or confused to continue at the Lisp
level. If the system had been compiled with the SB-LDB feature, we'd drop
into the LDB low-level debugger now. But there's no LDB in this build, so
we can't really do anything but just exit, sorry.
pvaneynd at sharrow:~/downloads/sbcl-test :( $ md5sum sbcl sbcl.core
6ac2292d6245d6731f4b811cffc5ea16  sbcl
99283ac68b50ed807c10631798428872  sbcl.core

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pvaneynd/