[cl-debian] Re: [Sbcl-devel] sbcl with sb-threads not compatible with 2.4 kernel

Gábor Melis mega at hotpop.com
Wed Aug 10 14:48:38 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 08:18, Peter Van Eynde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that even when in linux-os.c we test if futex'es work and we
> set linux_no_threads_p accordingly, something is calling futex_wait
> never the less. As the futex calls do _NO_ error checking this means
> the system then goes into a loop trying to call the futex call that
> fails over and over again.

That's strange. I have a 2.6 kernel, but replacing futex_wake body with
"return 0;" and futex_wait with "for(;;);" didn't give me problems.

There are two calls to futex_wait: get-mutex calls it if the mutex is
not available (should not happen and thus ok to loop if there is only
one thread), and condition-wait which I think is similar.

> So: is 2.4 support dead or is this a bug?

Tell us how to reproduce it and what is the observed behaviour.

> Groetjes, Peter

Cheers, Gábor