[cl-carbon-devel] Building Example and CL-Carbon from CVS

Jon Allen Boone ipmonger at delamancha.org
Wed May 4 17:02:07 UTC 2005

On May 04, 2005, at 05:41, David Steuber wrote:

> This will certainly work.  Although I have had recompile trouble
> due to stale dfsl files not being deleted by the make.sh script
> like this.  It seems find does not follow symlinks.  Perhaps there
> is a switch for that?

Not with the BSD utils.  The Gnu version of find has a "-follow" option.

> I'm actually using ASDF.  There should be an example.asd for
> building the example application.  It depends on cl-carbon.asd.
> Unlike SBCL, OpenMCL does not have any default locations for
> systems out of the box.  I've not tried to set any of that up.

   Sorry if I'm providing useless feedback.. I haven't had a chance
to review the package yet.

> Bosco is an OS X application building tool created by Mikel Evins.
> I used it as a spring board to figure out how to create application
> bundles using OpenMCL.  I'm not really using any Bosco code
> anymore, but the make.sh script is a vague remnant of what Bosco
> used.  I'm doing things rather differently though like setting a
> main function in the save-application call and not even providing
> for Cocoa.

   I'll look into this more before commenting further...

> I've just checked in some interesting changes for CL-Carbon.  I
> believe I have vastly improved the Carbon event to CLOS method
> dispatch mapping code.  If you want to get e-mail when CVS check
> ins happen, there is a cl-carbon-cvs mailing list on common-
> lisp.net that you can sign up for.

   Cool...

> I'm not sure when my next set of changes will be.  Now that I've
> scratched the event handling itch (and assuming it holds up), I'm
> back into a thinking about what's next mode.

   Neat.  I'm planning on starting off looking at what's necessary to
port to some other implementation.

--jon