[cl-carbon-devel] Re: Suggestion for the web page

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Wed May 4 09:50:16 UTC 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 2:10 AM, Chris Curtis wrote:

> I finally got tired of the same old "Carbon is dead" argument that
> seems to keep popping up every time CL-Carbon gets mentioned on #lisp.
> So I did a little digging.... and I was thinking it might be nice to
> put a little blurb on the project web page that points out the
> following *Apple* applications that are Carbon apps (no Cocoa):
>
> 	Finder
> 	Dock
> 	iTunes
>
> and yes ...
>
> 	Spotlight
>
> There are more, but that ought to be enough to answer the question
> definitively. If you'd like, I can write up a more polished blurb, or
> feel free. It just would be nice to have a simple URL to reference
> rather than having the same discussion every time. Or even teach it to
> minion. ;-)

I had a look through the logs on meme.b9.com for the past few days and
didn't really see much in the way of criticism.  However, a "Why
Carbon" section on the project page could be useful.  Hopefully anyone
interested in Carbon over Cocoa will already have some good reasons
though.  If you can think up some specific wording, that would be
great.  I don't have any ideas right now.  I'm thinking more about the
architecture than the advocacy ;-)