[chicago-lisp] Thoughts on functional and syntax free languages

Corey Sweeney corey.sweeney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 21:06:02 UTC 2007

Hey everyone.

Ok this is really late, and lots of stuff to talk about.

First up:  The list lag.

John mentioned recieving 5 backloged messages.  I wrote the original
message on sunday the 10th at 3:42pm.  When did everyone recieve it?
I think i stopped checking for responces on tuesday a little before
people started responding :)  [emergency at work happened]

Ok, now I have some issues, like:
Tech coffie is to early to get up
I'm in the northwest suburbs  (is anyone else in the suburbs, or is
*everyone* in the city?)

I also have a major issue that i'm not portable.  My project is bound
to my (huge) machine, and people don't want to let me format thier
laptops hard drive when they loan it to me. heh.  I've been trying to
install to a USB keychain drive.  I now have knoppix on the keychain
drive, but i havn't figured out how to add programs to knoppix since
the filesystem is compressed and appears to be read only.

Plus what everyones said so far.

Now for solutions:

I propose that we set up a IRC channel, (probably #chicago-lisp on
freenet), and have IRC meetings at the same time as the code sprints.
The idea would be to log in from the code sprint if you can make it,
or just log in from home if your lazy.

It also means that we could have "satelite meetings" where a couple
people could have a more local "code sprint" that was networked to the
main one.

Also, I like the idea of makeing the code sprints the focal point for
the lisp get togethers (especially since I can rarely make saturdays).
 I'd propose that we make the code sprint/irc meetings the "get
together time", and just do the LUG when we have a actual
presentation?

What do people think?

Corey

P.S. does anyone know how to deal with the compressed knoppix filesystem?

--
((lambda (y) (y y)) (lambda (y) (y y)))