[chicago-lisp] Thoughts on functional and syntax free languages

Corey Sweeney corey.sweeney at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 20:42:00 UTC 2007

I've been thinking about one of the disadvantages of using
functional/syntax free languages.  In particular, how normally working
in a small group can be more helpfull then working alone, but often
when using functional or syntax free languages, not many other people
know your language.

I was wondering how many other people are working in isolation in
thier lisp or functional programming projects, and what we could do
about it.

Perhaps some kind of weekly private irc meeting, or voice over IP
meeting, or something like that...  A place where we could trade
ideas, and review each others code?  Part of this would depend on how
many people are using the language at work, and how many employers are
willing to have company code seen outside the company.

How many other people are working in isolation?

What ideas does everyone else have?

Corey

--
((lambda (y) (y y)) (lambda (y) (y y)))