[chicago-lisp] Let's organize: meeting 2006-12-02 @ 3p

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Tue Nov 28 18:20:26 UTC 2006

John Quigley wrote:
> In this vein, I'm inviting everyone interested to make it out next
> Saturday, 2006-12-02 @ 3p, to a pilot meeting at the Chicago
> Institute of Design.  I operate the Chicago LUG, and have access to
> a really beautiful meeting space (4 big conference rooms, 20 white
> boards, projector, the works).

The Chicago LUG would be the Chicago LISP User's Group, yes? ;-)

> I'd like to run The Chicago LUG meeting concurrently; I'll be
> making a presentation (to both the Lisp and LUG groups) on setting
> up a good Lisp development environment (Slime, etc.) as an
> introduction for newer developers.  The Chicago LUG has a number of
> functional developers (Erlang, Haskell and Lisp predominantly), so
> I'm trying to bootstrap the Lisp group by harnessing interest
> within the LUG.

Sounds excellent.  I'd like to be there - and I'll try - but I need
directions.  Not "Take the Von Ryan expressway to the Art Institute"
but directions for dummies ;-)  Depending on location, I'd either come
in I90 or I94.  Coming in on 94 is the route I know best...

And is there parking?  How much?