[chicago-lisp] What lisp based applications do people use?

Andrew Wolven awolven at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 02:10:04 UTC 2006

--- Corey Sweeney <corey.sweeney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm,  could you mention what Mirai is? lol   From
> what your saying I'm
> guessing it's really expensive cad software.

Hrm.  Oh Yeah, Mirai is the next phase in the life of
the Symbolics S-Packages.  It's own company now,  I
guess run by Larry Malone.  The symbolics s-packages
were and still are cutting edge animation software.
Mirai has been reportedly used in movies like the lord
of the rings, and is a secret weapon among certain
animators.

It's animation software.  Not CAD software.  But
Allegro is my CAD software  And miria is allegro with
the best Graphics software available in Lisp.  It's a
no brainer combination.  You could Load maxima into
the world and plot things.  Plotting wouldn't be
simple, but it would be a lot easier than if you are
doing it with C++.  I could go on an on about it.
It's making me want to get it out and try to debug
things.  I have one evening and two more days of
college left.  I have been writing reports for days
now, on two programs for my classes.  I'm coming down
to the wire and I am very close to finishing, but I am
experiencing block after working on it straight for so
long.  I could spend years working with Mirai, it's
just such a wonderful graphical colorful animated
place to work on engineering.  But there is no
support.  back to work...

AKW

P.S.  I was being overly dramatic in my last email.
Really.