Unable to load cffi-libffi in Debian jessie

Marshall Mason marshallmason2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:51:51 UTC 2015

Hello,
I'm new to cffi and Lisp in general. I've been having a lot of trouble
getting cffi to work with passing structs using libffi. I fussed with it
for weeks and decided to wait until I upgraded Debian to jessie to see if
that helped. Now I can't even load cffi-libffi. :(

Failed to find the TRUENAME of
/usr/share/common-lisp/source/cl-cffi/libffi/init.lisp:
  No such file or directory

Before that there are a bunch of warnings like this:

compiling #<STATIC-FILE "alexandria" "LICENCE"> completed without its input
file #P"/usr/share/common-lisp/source/alexandria/LICENCE"

The code:

#!/usr/bin/sbcl --script

(require "asdf")

(asdf:load-system :cffi)
(asdf:load-system :cffi-libffi)

This could just be a missing package, but I have everything I can think of.
I searched the Debian respository for
/usr/share/common-lisp/source/cl-cffi/libffi/init.lisp and none of them
provide it. Here are my package versions:

sbcl 2:1.2.4-2
cl-cffi 1:0.14.0-1
cl-asdf 2:3.1.4-1
libffi6 3.1-2+b2