[cffi-devel] Access to code

Luís Oliveira loliveira at common-lisp.net
Sun Nov 24 00:44:37 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Greg Bennett <gwbennett at sentex.ca> wrote:
> At least I have a way forward: make up a simple c function - dear old
> Hello World will do. Compile a shared library containing it. Load that
> as you suggest. Use defcfun to give it a lisp name. Try calling that
> name.
>
> As an aside:
> I had hoped that the tutorial would hold that sort of simple example.

I think it never occurred to us that the instructions on how to
compile a shared library should be on the tutorial. I suppose it
assumes you already have a shared library to start with. Where do you
think that should be made more clear?

> I cut+pasted segments of it into ccl version 1.9-r15972M (LinuxX8664)
> only to have it break in two places:
> section 4.7 when trying to call (set-curl-option-nosignal *easy-handle*
> 1) WITHOUT having executed the 2 progn's in that section (mistakenly
> assuming that the function was built automatically) only to be told
> that there was no such function. Going back and executing the progn's
> seemed to fix that.
>
> section 4.8 when executing (set-curl-option-url *easy-handle*
> "http://www.cliki.net/CFFI") only to be told
> The value "http://www.cliki.net/CFFI" is not of the expected type
> CCL:MACPTR
>
> at which point I abandoned the tutorial.

Notice the preceding paragraph. That code is merely illustrative. See
the "Returning to the current set-curl-option-url interface, here is
what we must do..." bits that follow.

HTH,

--
Luís Oliveira