Problem loading a dylib file through LOAD-FOREIGN-FUNCTION

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Aug 25 02:46:45 UTC 2013

I have been trying to load a dylib file I got from compiling the NuSMV
model-checking program (nusmv.fbk.eu).

I keep getting this error, which I am afraid I don't understand:

Unable to load foreign library (LIBNUSMV.DYLIB-1090).
  Error opening shared object "libnusmv.dylib":
  dlopen(libnusmv.dylib, 10): Library not loaded:
/usr/local/lib/libsmvgrammar.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libnusmv.dylib
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/usr/local/lib/libsmvgrammar.0.dylib: mach-o, but wrong filetype
	/usr/local/lib/libsmvgrammar.0.dylib: mach-o, but wrong filetype.

If this had said "wrong architecture", I would have guessed that this
was a 32bit/64bit mismatch.  But "wrong filetype" seems to indicate a
different error, and one that I haven't had any luck googling.  At any
rate, I have checked and I have x86_64 SBCL and x86_64 dylibs.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks,