[cffi-devel] cffi-grovel on windows 7

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 19:30:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Karl Heinrichmeyer
<karl at gudrun-heinrichmeyer.de> wrote:
> When I tried to load the osicat library via quicklisp yesterday i got an
> error because the cffi-groveler couldn't find the c compiler and because the
> path in the include parameter was ill formed (the drive letter was missing).

Regarding the first issue, unless Windows has some new concept of a
default system compiler, I guess all we can do is look for more likely
places. Right now, it's looking at "c:/msys/1.0/bin/gcc.exe". Perhaps
it could do better than that.

What include parameter are you referring to? Do you have a patch?

Osicat is probably the best test-case for cffi-grovel on Windows.
There's also a port of iolib to Windows:
<http://src.knowledgetools.de/tomas/winapi/index.html>.

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira