[cffi-devel] CCL on Windows errors

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 12 00:38:06 UTC 2011

10.04.2011, 13:19, "Luís Oliveira" <luismbo at gmail.com>:
> 2011/4/10 Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru>;:
>
>>  I have impression, that the callback is called from a non-Lisp thread, i.e.
>>  a thread that was not started by list, but was started by foreign code.
>>
>>  Is it known/supposed to work/fail? In CCL (and in general).
>
> Not all Lisps support that mode of operation but it works for me on
> CCL + OSX. See <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.cffi.devel/1667>
> for more information and a small test to check whether your Lisp
> supports this feature. You might need to port it to Windows or use the
> pthread-win32 library. Let me know if that helps.

I just got a confirmation from the openssl-users list that OpenSSL doesn't
invoke the callback from any threads not created by user, i.e. the non-Lisp
thread theory is not valid.

If you have any hints on how to determine the crash reason - it is very appreciated.

BTW, I tried with CLISP - it doesn't crash. I've run the CFFI tests with CLISP,
the result is similar to CCL, but the number of failures is a bit smaller.

If you are interested, the test log is attached.

Best regards,
- Anton